Modern Japanese Ceramic Image Database is created as a result of a research project: “Research on Letters Exchanged between Tomimoto Kenkichi and Bernard Leach: Tomimoto Kenkichi Archive in the Collection of Kyoto City University of Arts.” The project is supported by Joint Usage / Research Center of Digital Humanities for Japanese Arts and Cultures, Art Research Center, Ritsumeikan University.
All the materials recorded in this database is in Tomimoto Kenkichi Archive in the collection of Kyoto City University of Arts and Matsubayashi Tsurunosuke Archivve in the collection of Asahi-yaki, Uji City, Kyoto. These collections include important information for the history of Kyoto ceramics in the twentieth century. We wish the publication of the materials and research results will contribute the advancement of the studies of modern Japanese ceramics.
- Project Leader, Akito Morino, Kyoto City University of Arts
- Princess Akiko of Mikasa, Kyoto Sangyo University
- Masaaki Irizawa, Asahi Beer Oyamazaki Villa Museum of Art
- Eiraku Zengoro, Kyoto City University of Arts
- Sadahiro Suzuki, Ochanomizu University
- Hideki Matsuo, University Art Museum, Kyoto City University of Arts
- Shinya Maezaki, Kyoto Women’s University
- Meghen Jones, Alfred University